• Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Check Status

Call Us: 1-888-634-8316 (Toll Free)

Seller Permit

Get Started Free Shipping

Seller Permit Overview:

If you are in the business of selling tangible products or are engaged in taxable activities at a retail or wholesale level, you are required to obtain a Seller's Permit, also regionally referred to as a Sales & Use Tax Permit, Retail License, Resale Permit, Sales Tax account, or Resale License; the names vary by state, don't let them confuse you. A seller’s permit, resale license, or sales & use account allows you to purchase products or supplies wholesale for the purpose of resale. The resale license will also require you to collect sales tax from customers and report those amounts to the state on a regular reporting period.

The majority of our competitors only offer prepared registration applications, to be submitted by you, while RushFiling prepares and files the necessary paperwork with the state tax agency and deal with them on your behalf. We have several expedite options allowing you to have a copy of your seller's permit ASAP; filing times and options vary by state but you can rest assured RushFiling is the most expedient route.

Get Started

Seller Permit - How it works:

You won’t have to read any confusing instructions, & there’s nothing to print out or any documentation to put together on your end. RushFiling eliminates the hassle of obtaining your seller's permit, resale license or sales account with just 3 Easy Steps...

Start by filling out a precise online questionnaire developed for RushFiling by our staff of legal advisors for your seller's permit registration. Part of the RushFiling guarantee is that our professionals handle every order personally and that your data remains confidential. Our online questionnaire is free, safe & secure! You can save your work & return to it at any time. You may also call us toll free at 1-888-634-8316.
As soon as we receive your completed questionnaire, the experts at RushFiling perform a thorough review of your information—including a check for accuracy and to make sure that nothing has been overlooked. We will then prepare the requisite forms, obtain a signature if needed, and file them with the appropriate government agency.
Once we receive your assigned seller's permit or sales account number, your RushFiling specialist will send you a confirmation email containing your active permit in select states. In some states, the governing agency will ship the permit directly to your designated address upon completion of processing. Feel to contact us with any questions regarding current processing times in any of the 46 states that collect sales tax. Remember to file a couple of weeks before the projected date of operation. 

Get Started

Seller Permit Package Prices:

Select State :

Seller Permit $44.95
Expedited Processing $19.95
Credit Card Processing in 24 Hrs Free
Total Including State Fee :

If you are in the business of selling or leasing personal tangible property (for example, selling from home, eBay, merchandise online) or engaging in taxable activities at a retail or wholesale level, you are required to obtain a Seller's Permit. In addition, if you are a seller at more than one location, a separate license is required for each location. We will prepare and review and file your seller's license application.

  • Easy! Make only one online visit or call to our online document processing center — we do the rest.
  • Affordable! Much less than attorney’s fees and competitive in the online market.
  • Fast! We start processing your order within 24 hours or less!
  • Personal! We take pride in the services we offer!

Get your Seller's Permit today...

Get Started
  Seller Permit FAQs

Each seller must have a tax permit for each location or active place of business. A place of business is an established outlet, office, or location that the seller, or the seller's agent, or employee operates for the purpose of receipt of orders for taxable items either residential or commercial. If you have multiple places of business you will receive separate permits for each business location displaying the same taxpayer identification number, but with separate outlet or sequence numbers. Once a sales tax account has been established with the state, additional permits will be added to the same account unless there has been a change in ownership structure.

No. A permit is valid only for the person to whom it was issued and only for the business at the address shown on the permit. It can be transferred from one owner to another but the new owner must be registered and approved by the governing agency before the permit is valid.

Yes. The new owner must obtain a permit if there are any changes in ownership of your business. Incorporating a business or forming a partnership or limited liability company is considered a change of ownership and must be reported. For example, if you operate a business as a sole proprietor, but decide to incorporate, the corporation will have to obtain a new permit for the business, even though you may operate the business as an officer of the corporation.

No, completely different. Sales tax is regulated by the state of the location of the business. A business license is generally issued through the municipality or city the business is located in. You should contact your city and/or county business license department to obtain a separate business license. To locate the department, check the government pages of your telephone directory (for example, look for the terms license or business license under City Government Offices and County Government Offices).

Generally, a Resale Certificate is a form a business uses when it purchases goods it intends to resell. This Resale Certificate, also referred to as an Exemption Certificate in some states, serves as a written statement that the business owners and operators won't use the goods purchased for personal use instead of selling them. It is also intended to show that the business will not use the goods before reselling them. It may also be used when purchasing certain services for resale. With your sellers permit, if you purchase tangible personal property for resale, the transaction is not subject to sales or use tax provided the sale is properly documented. As a result, your supplier will ask you to provide a Resale Certificate as proof that the property was purchased for resale.

If you are in the business of selling, leasing personal tangible property ( for example, selling from home online) or sell taxable services at a retail or wholesale level, you are required to obtain a Seller's Permit. In addition, if you are a seller at more than one location, a separate license is required for each location. We will prepare and review and file your seller's license application

Apply for a seller's permit at least three weeks before you open your business. You must allow for processing times in some states. Plan ahead and make sure your permits are in order before your operation commences.

A sales tax is imposed on retailers. It applies to all retail sales of tangible personal property in the state of operation. Retailers making sales in the State are required to remit the sales tax to the governing tax agency. Retailers are required to pay and report sales taxes to the governing tax agency and they have the option of collecting sales tax reimbursement from their customers. Almost all retailers utilize this option. Whether or not a retailer collects the sales tax, the retailer is liable to remit the tax due. The California use tax is imposed on consumers of tangible personal property that is used, consumed, or stored in this state. Use tax applies to purchases from out-of-state vendors that are not required to collect tax on their sales. Use tax also applies to most leases of tangible personal property. Many construction contractors will apply for use tax as their purchases are for their use or consumption, not resale. The state sales tax and use tax are "mutually exclusive," which means either sales tax or use tax applies to a single transaction, but not both.

Internet Payment Gateway

Our 3 Step Process
  • 1 Fill Out A Small questionnaire designed by RushFiling.com.
  • 2 We will conduct a professional review of your information.
  • 3 We'll draft your seller's permit in accordance to your state statutes and law commenced within 24-72 hours.

Free Expedited Shipping

US Only

Rush Filing - Live Chat

Monday to Friday

9:00 to 5:00 pst

Chat Guy